Alberta has released new information showing it held 14 draws through its Express Entry-aligned immigration stream so far in 2019, issuing a total of 3,357 invitations to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence to Express Entry candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores as low as 300.
Candidates first need to get a provincial nomination from Alberta first. For Ontario, it has made only one draw in Janaury, 2019 and paused its program for further notice on April 26, 2019 for 2019 quota.
The AINP says the following factors may decrease the likelihood of receiving an NOI through the Alberta Express Entry Stream:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 3 months or less
- You are working in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada Refusal to Process a Labour Market Impact Assessment list;
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list, located on this page under the Alberta Opportunity Stream section;
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams.