Effective immediately, the Visa and Immigration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Caracas, Venezuela is closed.
What This Means for Temporary Resident Applications:
- Applications currently in process in Caracas will continue to be processed and finalized at that office.
- New applications can be submitted online or at the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Caracas.
- VACs taking applications for residents of Venezuela (Caracas) will continue to operate normally, and applicants are encouraged to use those services.
What This Means for Permanent Resident Applications:
- Applications currently in process in Caracas have been transferred to the visa office in Mexico City.
- New Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) applications should be submitted to the VAC in Caracas, and will be processed at the visa office in Mexico City.
- New Economic Class applications should continue to first be submitted to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada (CIO-S).
- New Family Class applications should continue to first be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (CPC-M).
As of January 30, 2013, all Canadian processing and intake centres will forward files previously referred to Caracas to the visa office in Mexico City.
If you have any individual questions or concerns, please contact our office for more customized consultation for your unique situation. Please note that this posting is for general information only and is not to be considered binding or official legal counsel since situations will vary and can be complicated. The content in this post is current as of the day of entry. Due to the changing nature of Immigration law, the information in this entry may or may not still be applicable.