Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream: List of Targeted Occupations by National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes
On June 28, 2017, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) announced that it would issue targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream and who have work experience in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector.
The OINP targeted candidates in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector with work experience in the following NOC codes:
- NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
- NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
- NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
- NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
- NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
- NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
- NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
- NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
- NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
- NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
For these occupations only, the OINP lowered the required minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score below 400. However, candidates will still need to meet all other HCP stream eligibility, including:
- Work Experience: A minimum of either:
- one year work experience within the past five years according to the criteria under the Federal Skilled Workers Program, or
- one year work experience within the past three years according to the criteria under the Canadian Experience Class;
- Education: Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above;
- Language: A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or in French;
- Settlement Funds: A minimum level of savings or income in Ontario; and
- Intent: An intention to reside in Ontario long term.
Note: Receiving a Notification of Interest does not mean you will be nominated under one of Ontario’s Express Entry streams. Please consult the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program website and review the requirements of the stream that interests you to ensure you meet both provincial and federal criteria.
To view the full announcement, please click here.