Please note that not everyone can give biometrics in Canada. Make sure you check to see if you’re eligible to give your biometrics in Canada before making the appointment.
Where to go to give your fingerprints:
You can go to one of these official locations to give your biometrics:
- visa application centres (VACs) worldwide
- application support centers (ASCs) in the United States and its territories
- as of December 3, 2019, at designated Service Canada offices (SCOs)
Before you go, you need to make an appointment to give your biometrics.
How to give your fingerprints:
1. Pay the biometrics fee
You must pay the biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays.
Exception: There is no fee to give biometrics for a transit visa.
2. Get the instruction letter
After you pay the biometrics fee, you’ll get a letter confirming that you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You need to bring this letter when you give your biometrics. You also need to bring your valid passport.
How fast you get the letter depends on how you apply and when you pay for your biometrics fees. Answer a few questions to find out.
3. Go to an official biometrics collection service point
You must give your biometrics in person.