The instructions on Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) holders currently in Quebec have been updated.
The following changes have been made:
- The Current process and Additional conditions for CSQ holders in Quebec sections were combined into one section titled General considerations.
- Under General considerations, a clarification was made to indicate that persons holding valid CSQs do not need a statement from Quebec that confirms the nominated individual is urgently required by the province-based employer.
- The Operational instructions section was updated to include the exact codes that must be indicated in section 9 of the valid CSQ when it is submitted with the work permit application. Also, a new code, “I6 Travailleurs Art.40”, was added.
- A new section, Employer compliance fee, was added.
- The LMIA exemption code has been changed from C10 to A75.