The IELTS Partners are monitoring the Coronavirus situation very closely and are taking relevant measures to protect the health of our test takers and colleagues in affected areas, in line with the advice of national healthcare authorities.
China, Hong Kong SAR, and Macau SAR
- All IELTS and IELTS for UKVI tests are currently suspended in China, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR:
- Mainland China – tests currently suspended until 1 March 2020
- Macau – tests currently suspended until 11 February 2020
- Hong Kong – tests currently suspended until 17 February 2020
- These dates will be reviewed as the situation develops.
- Transfers and refunds are available for affected test takers by contacting their test centre by email.
Unfortunately, many test takers in these locations will be delayed in sitting a test and subsequently sending their IELTS scores to institutions. We hope that schools, colleges, universities and other institutions understand that this delay will be through no fault of their own and hope that you will be able to extend the application process for these applicants. Moving forward we will be looking to increase test session availability as soon as we can re-start testing.
For further developments in IELTS test arrangements as a result of Novel Coronavirus precautions, please see: https://www.ielts.org/news/2020/changes-to-ielts-test-arrangements-in-some-locations-due-to-novel-coronavirus.