Ottawa, September 2, 2019 – Visa application centres (VACs) have contracts with the Government of Canada to give you visa application support services and biometrics services.
- Current contracts with the VACs in Europe, Africa and the Middle East will be expiring on November 1, 2019.
- New contracts will be starting on November 2, 2019, resulting in some service changes.
Before November 2, 2019, you can get the following services as a package at VACs in Europe, Africa and the Middle East:
- submitting your paper application
- sending your documents (such as passport) and returning them to you
- collecting your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) by appointment and/or walk-in
Starting November 2, 2019, VACs in Europe, Africa and the Middle East will require you to:
- pay an extra fee to submit your paper application (fee is different by location)
- make an appointment to provide your biometrics (no more walk-in)
New VAC websites will be launching for all VACs in Europe, Africa and the Middle East soon. More details about this change will be available in October.
Some VACs in the regions will also be closing.
Visit the VAC page regularly to stay updated and check your VAC’s website for details.
VACs closing permanently on November 29, 2019
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Podgorica, Montenegro
The last day they will accept applications and collect biometrics is November 1, 2019. You can pick up your documents (such as passport) from November 4 to November 29, 2019.