A foreign national who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa and who, on or after March 15, 2016, is seeking to enter Canada by air to remain on temporary basis, nevertheless, is required to obtain an electronic travel authorization (eTA) before entering Canada, unless they are exempted specifically, like:

  • a foreign national with a temporary resident visa (entry visa),
  • an American citizen,
  • a person transiting through Canada,
  • a transportation crew,
  • a French citizen and
  • the Queen and her Royal family.

Stay tuned for more procedural steps to take.