Find Out If You’re Eligible – International Experience CanadaInternational Experience Canada (IEC) provides youth with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. To participate:

  • your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit, or
  • you may be able to use a Recognized Organization.

Eligibility requirements for some countries and categories have changed. Make sure you understand each category and that you are eligible before you apply.

Depending on where you are from, you can choose from up to three travel and work experiences:

United Kingdom—Working Holiday

International Experience CanadaAs of Friday, November 3, 2017, at 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time, this pool (in addition to most other country pools) is open. If you’re eligible, you can submit your profile now.

Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for British citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their trip (up to 24 months).

To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:

  • be a British citizen from the following territories: the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands of Jersey and Guernsey,
  • have a valid UK passport with British citizenship or a valid Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey) passport for the duration of your stay in Canada—your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport,
  • be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive),
  • have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada,
  • have health insurance for the duration of your stay—you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada,
  • be admissible to Canada,
  • have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you will have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada,
  • not be accompanied by dependents, and
  • pay the fees.

Working Holiday

This category is for you if:

  • You don’t have a job offer yet
  • You want to work for more than one employer in Canada
  • You want to work in more than one location
  • You’d like to earn some money so that you can travel

Young Professionals

This category is for you if:

  • You have a job offer in Canada that contributes to your professional development
  • You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

International Co-op Internship

This category is for you if:

  • You’re a student registered at a post-secondary institution
  • You have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada
  • You need to do this work placement or internship to complete your studies
  • You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

To read the full release and learn more details about your eligibility and the results of participating in one of these Canadian temporary work experiences, click  here.