Four program delivery instructions (PDIs) on the International Experience Canada (IEC) program were updated in early July, 2018.
The updates to the PDIs are summarized as follows:
Bilateral agreements and arrangements
- Austria: Working Holiday category added.
- Chile: Frequency of participation changed to 2 participations. Repeat category is permitted to participants from Chile (under the 3 categories) instead of 1 participation.
- Czech Republic: A note has been added for Czech nationals applying under International Co-op (Internship).
- Japan: Residence requirements for Japanese candidates corrected.
- Netherlands: Residence requirements for applicants under the 2 categories corrected.
- Sweden: Residence requirements for applicants under the 2 categories corrected.
Participation eligibility requirements
- Citizenship and residency:
- Clarification made on how candidates can determine residency.
- Age requirements:
- Clarification made regarding age requirement for Austrian candidates.
- A note added to provide guidance on age requirement for foreign nationals who apply through recognized organizations.
- Previous participation or discontinuous stay:
- Clarification made regarding the policy on repeat participation for foreign nationals who apply through recognized organizations
- Applicant not accompanied by dependants:
- A note added about the process for obtaining a spousal open work permit, if the IEC participant holds an open work permit.
- Medical examination:
- Two bullets added to provide general guidance on who is required to have an immigration medical examination.
- Police certificate:
- Clarification made that the 6-month period must be consecutive and not cumulative.
To read the rest of the updates and details, click here.