SWAP Working Holiday Program Now Open to US CitizensThe United States was recently confirmed, for the first time, as an eligible sending nation for the Working Holiday category of the Canadian Students Work Abroad Program. SWAP was founded over 40 years ago, and is owned entirely by Canadian students. It operates volunteer, learning, and work exchange opportunities in 13 countries around the world.

The IEC 2018 Working Holiday Applications are currently open.

The type of work permit you get for Working Holiday is an open work permit.

This category is for you if:

  • You don’t have a job offer yet
  • You want to work for more than one employer in Canada
  • You want to work in more than one location
  • You’d like to earn some money so that you can travel

Description of the “Students Work Abroad Program” from their Canadian website:

“Every year since 1975, SWAP has welcomed thousands of international youth into Canada through our programs and partner organizations. If you are between the ages of 18 to 35, you can travel to and live in Canada to experience our culture and gain international work experience. We’ll make sure that you have all the resources you’ll need to ensure your time in “The Great White North” is the best it can be. We can advise you on everything from the best way to find a job to the most efficient ways to travel across the country, and everything in-between.”

To learn more about the Canadian SWAP program, click here.